What Personal Information is Collected by SIFTLY?
Identifiable Personal Information:
The types of Personal Information collected include, without limitation, your full name, address, phone number, website URL, e-mail address, resume, LinkedIn profile or other personal website URL, your nickname or screen name, and any other information that would allow SIFTLY to identify you or contact you if needed.
Please acknowledge that SIFTLY shall never use automated tools or techniques to collect your personally identifiable information. We collect identifiable information only when you submit such information to access siftly.com, or use its jobs directory, mobile apps and other features and value-added services.
Accessing SIFTLY.COM and using its jobs directory and related services shall be voluntary, but you are required to register/subscribe to SIFTLY as a member for using these services. When you apply for a membership account, you may be required to submit your personal information like name, age, gender, email address, location, qualifications and other details of your demographic profile for posting your resume, searching jobs, participating in community forums/social media platforms, using mobile apps and other features/services being offered on this website or the websites of its collaborating partners.
You should acknowledge that SIFTLY and its collaborating partners, affiliates, licensors or service providers shall be entitled to gather, store, process, use or share personally identifiable information when you voluntarily submit the information to:
- Post your resume, profile information, references and other media
- Post your job openings or list your company/organization on siftly.com Subscribe to our membership, newsletters, editorials, and other features/services being offered on the website
- Participate in certain promotional offers like surveys, sweepstakes or contests.
- Get support, register complaints, provide reviews or feedback or request any information about any features/services being offered on the website.
- Making a call to resolve your queries and concerns.
Information from Social Networking Websites
When you use your Social Network Profile to access this website, it shall be deemed as your explicit submission of your social media profile information and use of this information in connection with any services being offered on this website. You further acknowledge and agree that Siflty may, but is not obligated to, maintain copies of your submitted information indefinitely, or delete any or all submitted information, at our sole discretion.
Non-Identifiable Personal Information:
Non-identifiable personal information is user data that we shall collect using automated tools and techniques like browser cookies, web beacons and log files. These automated tools and techniques allow us to gather system-related information like browser types, Internet service provider and operating systems/devices being used. We may use Non-Personal Information to track the usage of this website or its resources, and analyze the details of your browsing behavior like how much time you spent on our website, what features of our website or mobile apps attracted you, what jobs were viewed and what aspects of this website might have dejected you to bounce off.
These automated tools and techniques are very instrumental in managing several internal processes for maintaining, evaluating, and improving the website, and its jobs directory, community forums/social media platforms, search features, mobile apps or other services being offered on the website. For example, cookies enable us to offer customized services, enhance website navigation, streamline our promotional campaign, inform you about relevant job openings/resumes, and provide an improved browsing experience. Browser Cookies ensure that you don’t have to repeatedly enter your profile information for applying to open jobs and communicating with talent/employers being listed on this website, or the websites of our collaborating partners.
If you don't want to give access to your non-identifiable personal information, you can disable our cookies by making appropriate configuration changes in the settings of your web browser. However, please acknowledge that cookies are essential for accessing or using certain features on our website. İf you disable them, you may not be able to access certain features or use our web site at all.
Purpose of use
We collect and use your personal information with the sole purpose of improving your experience on this website and providing unmatched recruitment features like the ability to search relevant talent/recruiters, access their profile information, connect with them on community forums/social media platforms and enter a contractor-employer relationship through the website or mobile apps. Subject to your privacy rights, we may use your personal information to feature relevant job profile/resumes you might be looking for, or promote our business in collaboration with third party marketing companies and service providers.
SIFTLY reserves a discretionary right to share your profile information with its collaborating partners, affiliates, licensors or service providers for introducing you to relevant talent/employers and offering customized services you might be interested in. However, SIFTLY will ensure that no information except what is necessary to conduct its business or comply with the relevant laws shall be shared with third parties, and when applicable, all non-identifiable user data shall be shared in an aggregate and anonymous form.
SIFTLY shall be entitled to use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To introduce you to relevant talent/employers and provide customized recruitment features/services that you have requested. You should acknowledge that we may share your profile information with our collaborating partners, affiliates, licensors and service providers so that you can reach the most suitable talent/employers.
- To quickly respond to your queries and concerns related to our recruitment service, and related services, mobile apps and other recruitment features being offered on this website.
- To follow on up your requests, complaints and feedback, and ensure that our collaborating service providers take your requests, complaints and feedbacks in a professional manner.
- To send alert notifications regarding the relevant job openings/listed resumes or recruitment features/services being offered on our website, and keep you informed about new features or policy changes.
- In case you consent to receive third party promotional offers, we may facilitate third party distributors and marketing channels, and promote certain job openings, products and services on behalf of our collaborating partners, affiliates and third party service providers by sending newsletters and customized offers.
- To improve our recruitment related services and deliver an unmatched experience to the visitors of this website and users of its job marketplace.
- To improve our business relationship with collaborating partners, affiliates, licensors, service providers and other businesses.
- To research/analyze the browsing behavior for website optimization and consolidating usage data for internal purposes.
Sharing of Personal Information
Sifty reserves a discretionary right to share your personal information with third parties under the following conditions:
- Facilitating the Participating Talents/Employers: in case you post your resume/job profile, ask for price quotes, request additionaffiliates, licenal job requirements/profile information, use search features, mobile apps and other recruitment related services being offered on this website, SIFTLY shall have a right to share your profile information with the respective talent/recruiters, service providers and relevant third party entities to help you enter a contractor-employer relationship with the participating talent/employers in a hassle-free manner.
- Business Promotions: you should acknowledge that we may launch a business promotion campaign, or sponsor the surveys, sweepstakes and contests being organized by our affiliates, licensors and collaborating partners. You may participate in these promotional offers/events by submitting the details of your profile information. In case you participate in surveys, sweepstakes or contests being organized by third party collaborators, we shall not be responsible for any subsequent misuse of your personal information.
- Direct Marketing: unless you have given your explicit permission to receive third party promotional offers, your personal information shall never be used for direct marketing. Even when you grant such rights to SIFTLY, we will take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is not misused or compromised. However, SIFTLY shall not be liable for any subsequent breach of your personal information by the direct marketing companies.
- Collaborating with the Third Party Service Providers: you should acknowledge that SIFTLY may engage or collaborate with the third party service providers to offer improved features and recruitment related services being offered on this website, organize contests or surveys, extend your reach to relevant talent/recruiters, send newsletters or other valuable information, conduct research, process credit card information in a secure environment and manage this website in a hassle-free manner. SIFTLY shall not be held liable for any unauthorized access or subsequent misuse of your personal information by these third party service providers.
Other Conditions: you should acknowledge and consent that SIFTLY reserves a
discretionary right to disclose your personal information in case it believes that such
disclosure is necessary to:
- Protect its business or legal rights.
- Prevent illegal or unauthorized activities on its jobs directory and other accessible sections of this website.
- Cooperate with investigating agencies, or comply with government regulations, statues and rulings of the courts.
- Facilitate a merger, acquisition, or transfer of ownership in whole or parts thereof, in a hassle-free manner.
Security and Protection of Personal Information
Your privacy on this website is very important to us. This is the reason we follow international standards in every physical, electronic and procedural safeguard to ensure that your personal information is never misused, compromised, altered or lost. All communications and data transmission that takes place on this website are secured using industry-standard SSL encryption.
- SIFTLY shall never ask your personal information except what is necessary to provide its services.
- SIFTLY shall never store your personal information on its server except what is required for on-going operation of its services.
- SIFTLY shall never share your personal information with third parties except what is necessary to deliver services, comply with applicable laws, or protect its business/legal rights.
However, you should acknowledge that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that data transmissions won’t be unlawfully intercepted or accessed while being transmitted to the Website over the Internet. We make no warranty regarding the security of any information you transmit to us and you shall do so at your own risk.
You should acknowledge that we may store your profile information on servers at different locations that are outside your home country. Storing information on servers at different locations also creates a risk of uploading or holding your personal information in countries where security regulations may be less stringent than the United States or your home country. Although, we follow international security guidelines to ensure every physical, electronic and procedural safeguard, you shall bear the risk of storing or processing your personal information on our servers. You should acknowledge and consent that SIFTLY shall not be held responsible for any misuse or unauthorized access to your sensitive information. You shall bear all the risks that are involved in transmitting your profile information over the Internet.
When you subscribe/register with us and create your membership account, your chosen username and password should be used to verify your credentials on the website. It shall be your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your account and password information. We shall not be held liable for any misuse or unauthorized access to your passwords and personal information that may result from your inability to follow the safety guidelines and keeping it confidential. You should acknowledge that SIFTLY uses industry-standard encryption technologies that is being used by most of the banks and military organizations. Unfortunately, hackers may still find some vulnerability in the encryption algorithm and gain access to your personal information stored on our servers. You shall bear all the risks that may be involved in using our recruitment service and related services being offered on the website. We shall not be held liable for any direct or indirect losses, damages, or claims that may result from your reliance on our recruitment service, mobile apps, and related features/services being offered on this website or websites of our collaborating partners.
When you submit your profile information to subscribe/register with us, it shall be deemed that you have submitted an accurate, updated and complete profile. Our terms of service require you to keep this information updated; and therefore, you shall have a right to access your profile information that we stored on our servers, and modify it accordingly. You shall be allowed to access your profile information and update the same by submitting relevant information through a profile amendment form.
You may access, update or delete your account at any time, but you should acknowledge that a complete removal of your personal information is not always possible due to certain security features and backup operations.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 protects the Privacy of California residents by making it mandatory for the websites to specifically disclose the information that may be shared with the third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a resident of California and want to make a request under your Privacy Rights, you can send an email with the subject as “California Privacy Rights” to our support executives at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
SIFTLY.COM LLC, PO BOX 92, Venice CA 90291
When you participate in any events and/or subscribe to any services being offered by SIFTLY, you may receive periodic emails and newsletters. If you don’t want to receive these commercial emails and promotional offers, you can unsubscribe from our newsletter service by making a request with your full name and email address. SIFTLY may still contact you via e-mail for administrative or informational purposes, including messages regarding the administration of your account or regarding any events or Services for which you may have registered.
SIFTLY.COM LLC, PO BOX 92, Venice CA 90291